Monday, February 25, 2008

Some Days

Ever since 2004 there has been a definite down-ticking on the quality of life. It is getting harder to muster the energy needed to face all that is going on in our own lives and in the world at large.

The way I can tell this is happening, at least for me, is in my ability to plan and make meals. I used to be able to plan a few days in advance and have supper ready for the family at supper time. These days I can barely figure out what to eat for myself let alone plan and prepare them for my family.

The available food is still the same but somehow the energy needed to plan and cook has been sucked out and life itself has become something gray and colorless and lacks any savor to make living a worthwhile endeavor.

This isn't about a lack of hope. It is about a lack of energy, of being tired all the time and feeling kinda sick too as if coming down with the flu but the symptoms never actually manifest into a real illness. Maybe this is what depression feels like. Maybe you feel it too.