Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The coup d'etat--time to duck and cover

It sure didn't take long for my feelings/suspicions to be confirmed from my post below on The manufacturing of terror.

Bush Anoints Himself as Ensurer of Constitutional Government in Emergency
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/052107T.shtml
With scarcely a mention in the mainstream media, President Bush has ordered up a plan for responding to a catastrophic attack. Under that plan, he entrusts himself with leading the entire federal government, not just the executive branch.

I followed the links. My initial reaction to NSPD 51 was about the same as when I saw the towers go down--disbelief. To be honest, I'm having a hard time with the veracity of this directive. However, given my experiences going to the county EMS meetings on being prepared for a mass evacuation or something else of the kind needing to move the people of whole counties under the guise of being prepared for pandemic flu (or some other major catastrophe or attack), I am very inclined to believe this.

Add to this my post from a couple days ago and the link to another nuclear story, and then throw in this report Fiery Hell On Earth #795 and its looking its time to bring on Armageddon.

Aside from all the seeming tinfoil hat stuff going on, let's just say I'd much rather be thought a fool than be proved right on any of this.

Regardless, the very idea that that president of the United States of America would cross the line and put into law all power to himself is supposed to be beyond the scope of what this country stands for. I hope the importance of this directive is not lost on anyone who cares about our country remaining a democracy.